An Emergency Dentist You Can Count On – At Any Time
Why to Choose us as Your Emergency Dentist in Welland
- Prevent unnecessary tooth loss
- Keep your smile intact
- Experience a faster recovery
- You’re our top priority
- Lower the chance of complications.
There’s never a good time for a dental emergency to arise. And it’s something that can be extremely frightening for anyone, especially during a first-time incident. At Welland Dental Centre, Drs. Mudhar Al-Bayati and Yasser Mohammed pride themselves on being available any day of the week, at any time, when you need them. Learn more about the importance of emergency dentistry in this article.
Why Emergency Dentistry is Valuable?
Accidents occur when we least expect them. Often, smile mishaps arise outside of regular business hours. It’s vital to be prepared to increase the odds of a positive outcome. If you’re experiencing severe pain, bleeding, or have a chipped or cracked tooth, it’s imperative to address the issues as soon as possible.
5 reasons to see our dental team for emergency care
- Pain or Sensitivity. If you are experiencing hot/cold sensitivity or sharp pain that doesn't get better, call us, your dentist in Welland.
- Broken or lost tooth. This dental emergency tops the list. We see it often. Try to stay calm. If your child has been injured, do your best to reassure them that all will be OK. Find the missing tooth (or what’s left of it) and pick it up by the crown, not the roots. If it’s an adult tooth, put it in a cup of milk, call us, and make your way to the office.
- Cut lip, tongue, or cheek. Use a fresh wet cloth to clean off the affected area. Apply it to the spot with pressure to stop the bleeding. If the bleeding persists after 15 minutes, see us or go to your doctor. If there’s a significant amount of blood, go directly to your closest ER.
- Broken wires/braces. If you or your child have wires that have pierced the cheeks, gums, or tongue, resist the temptation to remove them. Instead, use wax or gauze to cover the damaged area and make your way over to see our emergency dental team.
- Broken jaw. A hard shot to the face could result in a fractured jaw. If that’s the case, you must go to the hospital. Dial 911, remain calm, and get to our dental office as soon as possible.
When an emergency strikes, have this list handy and feel free to share it with others. And don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and call Welland Dental Centre.